Carol Carter

25 April 2012

Flame Thrower- watercolor on Fabriano

Flame Thrower--- my newest watercolor.  I had a little time today-- to work on this painting.   It's been a joy and an ease to work the Fabriano paper.  Fabriano is softer and more forgiving than Arches.  The colors and washes seem more brilliant and responsive than I expected.

I am having fun!

I can't wait to try some other images.

So far.... I like this painting of monumental Iris!


Let me know your thoughts... and if you like Fabriano too.  Also... any other papers you like that I might try?

Flame Thrower
watercolor
40" h x 30" w
2012
in progress

3 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Carol, this iris is absolutely phenomenal!!! Fabriano is just made for your style of painting. it looks glorious! I must get some F.wc. paper tp try.

karen said...

This is just coming together beautifully!

Carol Carter said...

Thank you Studio. I hope to work some more on the IRIS today .... My time in the studio is cut short... because I bought a condo-- and am trying to get it ready to move in to. I suspect it will be another 2-3 weeks before my life settles down.
ps I like Fabriano .. .and will pursue more of it in the studio.

Than you Karen! Painting is coming together slowly-- wish I had more time to work on it. Thank you BOTH for your encouragement!