Carol Carter

04 May 2011

New Watercolor-- movin' and shakin'!



I am getting more and more stoked to work in watercolor.

Now... I'm combining my work on the Everglades with images from the Virgin Islands.

This keeps things spiced up in the studio!

A Caribbean flair!

So... here are 3 recent watercolors from this week.

The larger Everglades watercolor is being worked on slowly.

The smaller watercolors from the VI are largely spontaneous and finished!

Beach
watercolor
11" h x 14" w
2011

Fish
watercolor
11" h x 14" w
2011

Drip
watercolor
46" h x 34" w
2011
in progress

11 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

These are all so very sumptuous, Carol. My visual system is almost on overload ... I LOVE it.

Jane said...

Glad to see your watercolor mojo is back and healthy and gorgeous!

Montse said...

A great work!!!

Un saludo desde Bilbao.

Miriam said...

Splendidi!!!

Carol Carter said...

thank you EVERYONE.... you don't know what this means to me to have these posts! I am stoked to keep on with my watercolor! Thank you ! Ciao!

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Makes me want to go on vacation!! Beautiful colors and of course I can't get enough of your style, Beautiful!!

NATIVIDAD said...

SALUDOS!!BELLISIMAS, GRACIAS POR MOSTRARLAS PARA PODER DISFRUTAR DEL COLORIDO¡¡¡¡

Carol Carter said...

Thank you Carrie... I want to go on vacation too! I miss the water...and ocean is in my blood.
Thank you for you comment..and for liking my work. Makes me smile.

Thank you Natividad-- I wish I could respond to you in spanish.... thank you so much for your post... and for your support of my work.

Caroline Peña Bray said...

Loving seeing the progress on Drip. It's a great piece and I can't wait to see it finished. Well done for sticking at it even though you're not keen on the paper, etc.

Carol Carter said...

Thank you Caroline-- you are right... i am NOT keen on the paper! I will try to post the latest version --I have begun another. Will post them shortly. I need to get more comfortable with painting the looser imagery after Italy! Ciao!

Carol Carter said...

Thank you Caroline... i may be done with DRIP.... have given up on it for the moment. If I return to it ... I will repost the newer version.