Carol Carter

12 May 2011

New Works in Watercolor --- ALL SPLASHY and SUMMER




I have been working on new watercolors... trying to get my mojo back.
It's more difficult than I thought~!

I haven't done much watercolor in the last years... except a piece or two here and there.

Now...I'm trying to put together a body of work -- that makes a substantial statement about the Everglades.

I'm also getting a little distracted with doing images from the Virgin Islands!

So.. here are my first few attempts. Some of them - I like better than others. Others are leading to promising directions.

Come here - to this blog often -- and I will show you the progression of my new show.


Hibiscus
watercolor
11" h x 14" w
2011
in progress

Fish
watercolor
11" h x 14" w
2011

Drip 3 and 5
watercolor
46" h x 78" w
2011
in progress

Drip 5
watercolor
46" h x 34" w
2011
in progress

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Carol, your watercolors always make me smile. I enlarge the paintings and look closely as the beautiful way you blend your colors or leave them to move in the wet-in-wet washes.

carlos diez said...

Wonderful works Carol, full of colour and movement, specially the studies of drops. Congratulations!

Carol Carter said...

thank you rhonda... my watercolors are inviting to do. i always like painting them. the wetness is so difficult...but at the same time.. magical in it's mingling. i am glad you are coming onto the blog. i always enjoy your comments.

thank you carlos. the drips are my main focus. i'm trying hard to get them to work. we shall see if i can pull it off!

thank you both for your time.

cc

Anonymous said...

Love the colour ....makes me happy 🙏