Carol Carter

02 May 2011

Drip is slowly developing

I can't say that I'm lovin' working on this painting..... The watercolor feels so unfamiliar -- and I don't like the paper.

But... I will continue on -- and make it count.

I like the concept -- but I have also started another version -- that could potentially come closer to what I am looking for.

This painting is now at the stage of developing the twinkle and nuance to bring it into jewel like brilliance.

Tomorrow I teach-- so a day away from the working on the painting will be good.

Drip
watercolor
46" h x 34" w
2011
in progress

4 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

I love it! It's like looking into a witch's cauldron.

RH Carpenter said...

Carol, the gators I saw in St. Augustine vibrate the water to attract mates, raising their heads and tails out of the water and rumbling deep in their throats - very impressive sight; and that's what this reminds me of right now - that vibration and a ghost of a gator in the foreground :)

Carol Carter said...

I am jazzed about working on this painting.now... after reading your comments.

Rhonda , I have seem the gators do this mating call. it is extraordinary. I think it's neat that this painting reminds you of this..... gator ghost and all!

Tonya Vollertsen said...

I am so intrigued by the painting "drip"! It is such a feast for the eyes! Gorgeous!