Carol Carter

15 September 2012

Beauty on the First Day -- watercolor



The Beauty on the First Day is the first watercolor I've done in a LONG time that comes close to what I intended to say from the outset.

Rarely do my paintings work out as planned!

That, of course, is the wonder of being an artist.  The painting you intend is always a journey to find!

Anyway, I envisioned this painting exactly how it turned out!  Exciting!

The washes, background, palette, and freshness were all the qualities I was seeking from the start.

I feel gratified and rewarded!

I must admit-- the Chinese Lanterns painting was a bit of a struggle... and I had become discouraged with studio work.



Beauty also has psychological impact for me.  It celebrates a small milestone in my life!

I am transisting to a new life...and thinking a lot about the saying... "the first day of the rest of your life...".

This painting depicts the BEAUTY on the "first day of the rest of my life"!


We should ALL celebrate victories.... however small.


Beauty on the First Day
watercolor
35" h x 50" w
in progress but fairly close to completion

11 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Carol, it really is gorgeous! I am so happy to read you are back on your artistic track. :)

renate said...

Hello Carol:) That blue color is amazing. I love the total picture. Beatifully done. Have a nice day:)

Carol Carter said...

Thank you BOTH!!! I am happy that the piece is done and turned out the way I wanted it to.

Thank you for your posts!

RH Carpenter said...

This is absolutely stunning! I'm so glad you are as pleased with it (I can't imagine your work never being pleasing to you!). And whatever the new transition is, it sounds like there is joy and excitement in the newness - best of luck!!!

Tammie Lee said...

congratulations on this piece
it is beautiful

i wish you a wonderful new beginning

Carol Carter said...

Hi Rhonda... some transitions are tougher than others. I'm heading towards a tough one...

but... I am resilient!!
ONWARD!
Nice to hear from you.

Thank you Tammie Lee-- I appreciate your post!

Watermarycolors said...

Amazing job! congrat!

Carol Carter said...

thank you maria jose

Unknown said...

i read your blog great and nice details. thanks
how to get pregnant

Liana Yarckin said...

Carol, it is gorgeous. I like your new motto.

Seu Perfil said...

Lovely blog, thanks for taking the time to share this.