Carol Carter

17 January 2011

SWIM watercolor

I have been working and workin' this watercolor -- to enrich and purify the background. It was way too flat-- and not at all sparkly.

I hav been developing much of the water swirls over the last few days-- when I have a chance to paint.

There hasn't been much time for me in the studio.... as I have been working on the house to get it ready for sale.

So...tell me what you think. I will add the more complete version -- when I learn how to load photos onto iphoto on the new Mac. Yes, I joined the apple revolution .... as my pc died on Saturday.


Swim
watercolor
30" h x 22" w
2011
mostly finished

5 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

YAY! You got a Mac; I love mine. Your painting looks very cool - can hardly wait to see the full picture!

Carol Carter said...

i have to learn how to post bigger photos to my blog via the mac. do you have any recommendations? carol... yay for the MAC... am trying to get used to it though....

Jane said...

Beautiful, Carol! Not flat at all - it's shimmering! You'll love your Mac.

Unknown said...

I love this! I love this! The colors are so beautiful. I've been hunting for a large blue abstract and not many artists have made any with shades of blue. Your painting is wonderful!

Carol Carter said...

Thank you Jane! I hope to love the Mac soon.... right now... it's a love/hate relationship! But..onward!

Thank you Katherine -- I am happy you like this painting. I like the abstraction too. I spent a lot of time breaking up the figure. I also spent a lot of time on your blog... lovely work! Do you teach art? Pencil? You are a master!