Carol Carter

01 January 2011

MEDUSA- watercolor


I have begun a tangential painting--- MEDUSA-- a figurative piece about a woman I met on Halloween.

I have been longing to return to watercolor of the human form-- and she seemed like a likely subject.

She was a young woman dressed as Medusa for a Halloween sideshow. It was a carnival atmosphere....freak show... sword swallowers and Siamese twins etc. You get the drift.

Anyway, she exemplified the role of Medusa so clearly -- I just had to paint!

Here is the beginning steps. It will only be developed as weather permits.

The larger washes need lots of moisture to make them work-- so I need to wait for rainy/wet days in the studio to finish.

It is critical to develop the painting under the best conditions as possible.

I like her so far... and am happy that I got most of the background blocked in.

Now..to finish the last Italian painting... and to forge ahead with the EVERGLADES work.

Happy New Year everyone. Your presence on this blog means a lot to me. I appreciate all your comments, insights, criticisms, and support~

Let 2011 begin... and let's make it WONDERFUL~!!!

Medusa
watercolor
40" h x 30" w
2011
unfinished

Posted by Picasa

No comments: