Carol Carter

28 December 2010

The LAST Italian painting

This is the last painting in the Italy show. It's a modest thing...but I noticed that I'm looser and freer w/ the paint than when I started. I've learned a lot from doing this exhibition.

There is much to be thankful for in executing such a show over the period of a year.

I learned tons about greens, and distance, and texture, and glaze. I find it completely energizing to paint in acrylic now.

But..... I am anxious to get going on the Everglades-- and to deal solely in watercolor for a while.

This is one of the only acrylics with sky and water. Well, except for the Arno paintings....


Will post the final painting later in the week.

Italy 199
acrylic
24" h x 24" w
2010
first state
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

NATIVIDAD said...

SALUDOS !!BELLISIMO CUADRO DE VERDES,PUES EL VERDE ES COLOR DE ESPERANZA Y ALEGRIA PARA ESTE NUEVO AÑO¡¡¡

Sandy Maudlin said...

This may be my favorite...division of space, shapes, strong impact. Have a wonderful show and a happy new year.

Carol Carter said...

Thank you Natividad! Happy New Year to you too.

Thanks Sandy, It's an inviting composition w/ sky/river. I like the expansion of green choice in colors. I've grown a lot. It is sad to move on from the show....but... Everglades awaits! Hope you are happy and good. HNY to one of the BEST ARTISTS I know!

RH Carpenter said...

What a trip this has been, Carol! I can't wait to see the show in 2011! (But I must admit, I'm anxiously waiting your return to watercolor and the Everglades :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! Love the color scheme!

Carol Carter said...

Thanks Alina... lovely post and lovely to hear from you! Hope to finish the piece soon.