Carol Carter

09 February 2009

Everglades!


sam and i went to the everglades today.. my friend-- carla also came with us. we had an amazing day! perfect weather -- and cool breeze. it was clear, crisp, sunshiney, and warm.

every hammock we walked in to -- offered more chance to relax and feel the presence of the everglades. peaceful, calm, tranquil, and teeming with life. we saw cormorants, gators, great blue herons, roseate spoonbills, cranes, cattle birds, ospreys, anhingas, and much more.

it was magical. it was one of those days that will remain in memory.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Angela said...

I am so jealous!
My husband and I had planned on taking our honeymoon in the Everglades ----
yeah, we had Tommy instead.
:)

Glad you're having such a good time!

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

I never thought I'd admit this, but I miss Florida! At last, you have short sleeves on:)

Carol Carter said...

hey everyone...thnks for your comments.
angela.. i think tommy was a good trade-off! you can always take him to the GLades.. now that he's older.

yes... finally the weather got warmer...but alas.. i'm home now... and it's burry cold here.... but.. at least i can paint! time for swamp-paintings.