Carol Carter

01 September 2010

Italy --


I had a good week painting the new acrylic of Italy.

I took my time... allowing each step to be resolved. I wasn't rushed.

In fact, there was a few days between passages -- allowing things to completely dry.

I then spent a whole day on the sky! This allowed for a velvety feel in the distance. There is a soft atmosphere to the horizon line.

This doesn't happen often in my acrylics.

I used Unbleached Titanium White. I really like it--- it has an oatmeal feel. All the blended colors look antiquated and rustic. Perfect for Italy!

Italy 129
acrylic
30" h x 30"w
2010
finished

Installation
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Gabe said...

un'atmosfera molto coinvolgente, un connubio tra poesia e colori. complimenti

RH Carpenter said...

How do they say it in Italy? Bellissimo!!!

Arti said...

Wonderful..enchanting!What more can I say? You did great here, Carol.

Carol Carter said...

thank you ALL! i love all these positive comments! wonderful to hear from each of you.
gabe.. italian? lovely that you like my work.
rhonda... you are a true friend!
arti.... great to hear from you.
i hope EACH of you is doing well.. and painting !

Gretchen Bjornson ART said...

Your colors are simply amazing. I'm sure I've said that before, but I had to say it again!

Carol Carter said...

thank you skizo... wonderful to read your post!

thank you too gretchen i can never hear about compliments too much!! never never! thank you for posting.. and thank you for reading the blog...

both of you!