Carol Carter

12 November 2010

Italy-- First of the Last 3


Today was the day I put the sky in the last large painting for the Italian Series.

I felt it went okay -- but now ...I have to pull together the village and the foreground. I am heavily influenced by the other paintings gone before. Not a good thing... because I don't want it to feel derivative.

So... I hope by the time it's finished-- it will be a nice companion piece for the hilltop painting to the left.

Ah... I miss Italy.


Italy 173
acrylic
30"h x 30" w
2010
second state
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

So beautiful Carol!!! So glad that you still love Italy! It shows in your painting that it is a special place for you. You inspired me to pull out my Italy pics and paint a few.

RH Carpenter said...

Coming to the finish line!! This has been an amazing journey, Carol, and thanks for letting us tag along. Can't wait for the spring show at Cedarhurst!