Carol Carter

03 August 2010

Italy series


I finished up two paintings in the Italy series. I hope you don't mind me working so hard on getting this exhibition done.

I have a great venue and deadline now -- to keep me focused.

I was finished with the work last spring... but when the curator saw the work.. and wanted to feature it at CEDARHURST MUSEUM .... I was compelled to continue on.

I didn't have enough paintings to fill 3500 sf. so I needed to paint additional works to flesh out the space.

I've never done a show with so many pieces~! AND...I'm adding more~

It will be a visual feast: a variety -- sizes, shapes, palettes, images.... just like a regular presentation of travel~

however.. I MISS my watercolor.. and I'm looking forward to painting the EVERGLADES and OIL DISASTER.

But first... must finish my Italian Series--- completely.

Two large panels came in the mail yesterday -- and I will be beginning those shortly.

I am having a ball developing this exhibition -- and LOVE showing it. I am however, very guarded with who gets to see it in person .... I want there to be a surprise-element next winter. I am also digging sharing it online.. and having my online-artist friends interject their comments and criticisms. Wonderful to have everyone participate in the process of bringing this show together!

OnWARD~

Italy 112
acrylic
10" h x 30" w
2010
mostly finished


Italy 113
acrylic
10" h x 30" w
2010
mostly finished
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Janet Belich said...

GO CAROL GO !
GO CAROL GO !
You really MUST have 4 hands !! HA!

Carol Carter said...

hi janet... you always encourage me!! love it when you post...

Caroline Peña Bray said...

These are just beautiful, you really have a wonderful way with light. I'm delighted to have found your blog and very much looking forward to seeing more works from you.

Carol Carter said...

thank you caroline. i apprecitate you coming to the blog! i checked out your blog.. and i love what you did on your latest post. it looks like motion! beautiful! i am striving to paint like that... best,