Carol Carter

10 August 2010

ITALY -- acrylics


I have two days to finish these paintings.

The top one is new-- started yesterday... and being worked on this week.

The bottom one is giving me trouble. I don't know why-- but it isn't grabbing me as it should.

Somewhere along the way -- I lost the spark.
I know I will get it back-- but I have to set it aside.. and let it fade in the background of my desire and consciousness.

Then.. after a while... I will bring it out again... and see it with 'fresh eyes." Immediately -- I will know what to do~ !

It's always easier to solve paintings after you are dispassionate about the conclusion.

Sometimes I think -- we fall in love with what we "paint"..and not with what we "see."

Italy 123
acrylic
21" h x 21" w
2010
unfinished


Italy 120
acrylic
30" h x 40" w
2010
unfinished
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

AK said...

carol your style and work both are brilliant.

Carol Carter said...

thank you AL-- this is wonderful of you to say. thank you very much for the encouragement.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Two more delightful works ... the style continuing to create harmony for the Italian show. Carol you astound me how you keep being inspired and creating new works. I feel I have lost my get up and go with artwork at the moment, so I suppose it can happen to any of us yet disappear within days of it coming.

Carol Carter said...

joan, you will get your mojo back! it happens to ALL of us. I am just on a roll now... trying to finish up the Italy work. There have been years-- when my enthusiasum wasn't so hot. just keep painting... you will work though it! hugs.

Anonymous said...

I'M ALL ABOUT COLOR AND YOUR PAINTS ARE WONDERFUL.

AN OLD GRANNY FROM FLORIDA