Carol Carter

27 February 2011

The Italian Suite at CEDARHURST

The Italian Suite at Cedarhurst Center for the Arts opened on Friday, Feburary 25.

It was a gala opening- with tons of people and lots of excitement.

I was particularly gratified to see how elegant the presentation! The Cedarhurst staff did an exceptional job at installing the work, and lighting the space. The paintings glowed!

Rusty Freeman curated an excellent exhibition. He was so easy to work with and gave a warming speech.

Barbara Archer of Archer Wealth Management made transportation possible for 57 people to come over from St. Louis on the Champagne Bus Tour!

Marty Koch was instrumental in keeping things running smoothly for contacts, sales, prices, and requests.

The food and drinks were plenteous and enjoyable.

The books, of course, were phenomenal!

I am so grateful for this opportunity to share my work with a new community.

Thank you to all that made this evening a huge success!


Please know that The Italian Suite will be up for two months until May 1, 2011.

We will be planning at least one gallery talk.

I hope all are able to see the exhibition!


The Italian Suite
Cedarhurst Center for the Arts
2600 Richview Road
Mt. Vernon, Il
www.cedarhurst.org





5 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Unable to attend the opening, I purchased and received the book and it is filled with the gorgeous paintings you've been working on for this show. But it just gives me more of a taste to want to see the real thing, stand in front of those paintings, and see them all together :) Congratulation, Carol, this is quite an accomplishment and I hope you get many sale and commissions from the show. I hope I can attend the gallery talk!!!

Double "D" said...

Carol,
What a beautiful gallery and set up.
If we weren't in Sedona I would come
and see it. Congratulations, I'm sure
the opening was amazing.

Regards,
Doug

Carol Carter said...

Thank you Rhonda-- for your lovely post. I am happy to be selling the book in record time! I have seen many copies go. I hope you are able to come back to Cedarhurst...and I will definitely meet you there! I know a good place to have lunch too. I will let you know when the gallery talk takes place.

Thank you too Doug.... for your compliment. I wish you could see the show too. It is my strongest show to date! I will have it professionally photographed -- and post the pics here. Thanks for your support.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Looks wonderful and worth all that hard work over such a log spell. Shame I'm over here in England or I'd be there like a shot.

Carol Carter said...

I wish you could see the show Joan. It's such a different one for me. I am really proud of the way it turned out. The response has been positive. My first museum show ever!