Carol Carter

06 November 2012

Watercolor of OXYGEN



I have done a few more darks on the OXYGEN watercolor.  The line melding the water with the figure reflection has been softened and deepened by deeper blues and grays.  I want the painting to be evocative and mysterious-- rather than bright.

I still have work to do on the bubbles.. and several other areas to tweak.    Those areas will be addressed in days to come.

So far... I like it.. and I like the concept and psychological message.

Perfect statement for this time of year!

Oxygen
watercolor
22" hx 30" w
2012

5 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Hi Carol. It IS a fascinating image. I'm curious - what is the psychological message?

Watermarycolors said...

This is just amazing! :)

Carol Carter said...

the message is about coming up for air... in a very confusing world. the "oxygen" is our life blood... the sustaining force that carries us though. oxygen can also be a metaphor for love....

RH Carpenter said...

What a beautiful painting, Carol, and what a message, too :) LOVE IT!

Carol Carter said...

Thank you Rhonda! I hope to finish the painting soon. I have been distracted with small works to get ready for open studio. hope you are painting!