Carol Carter

03 October 2012

Kalvag NORWAY boat



This simple painting was done from imagery seen in Kalvag, NORWAY-- the beautiful, quaint fishing village I visited last summer.

I taught a workshop there... as many of you know-- and during the off hours--- I would shoot the harbor.

Fishing boats, skifs, trollers, yachts, row boats, oar boats...and much much more were there.

Of course... I liked the simplier more antique boats.

Over the next few months-- you will see more and more of this imagery appear in my work.


Kalvag
waterolor
11" h x 15" w
2012
available

6 comments:

Sergio DS said...

A wonderful watercolor.
Congrats!

Studio at the Farm said...

I look froward to seeing more, Carol. This is such an elegant painting, with its simplicity of subject and your always superb way with color!

Carol Carter said...

Thnak you Sergio and Studio... this is a demo for my upcoming workshop tomorrow!

Carol Carter said...

thank you INA!

renate said...

Hello Carol:)Beautiful how you did the reflections in the water. The colors are great. Very nice job!

Carol Carter said...

Thank you Renate.... thank you for coming to the blog and posting. i always appreciate hearing from you! happy painting.