Carol Carter

16 August 2013

Back To France




Two small watercolors for my show in France next spring.  Lovely lovely lovely there.  So excited to go back!

I am almost done with the exhibition.  40 watercolors of small views of France.  Here are two that I finished today.

The Metro Station is almost done-- still needs some tweaking.

The Haystacks are definitely done.


Tell me what you think!

It's fun and daring to paint between France and Asia.  Two differing perspectives... two differing sensibilities...!

Metro
watercolor
11" x 15"
2013

Haystacks
watercolor
11" x 15"
2012

6 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Hi Carol. That Metro station pulsates with light!!! Awesome!

Lorraine Brown said...

I like them both but absolutely love the Metro station

Kellie Chasse said...

I just love seeing your work Carol!

Carol Carter said...

Thanks Kellie! and Lorraine! and Kathryn! I love sharing my work with you!

Randi said...

Carol, your work is so inspiring. l love the Metro station most of these two, but being raised in the country in Iowa, those hay bales certainly bring back some memories. I think the best is the colors you use! Bright, back lit and vibrant!

Carol Carter said...

Dear Randi... your post means so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to say something about my work. I think you hit the nail on the head by-" bright, back lit, and vibrant". Thats what I always strive for in my work! Thank you for posting.