Carol Carter

18 February 2013

Cat Commission- watercolor










I was asked to do a commission for a client of their two cats.  He supplied the photos and left the rest up to me.

I decided to photograph the step-by-step of painting this piece.

The colors chosen were as follows:

Daniel Smith Shadow Violet
Winsor Newton Aureolin
Holbein Horizon Blue
Winsor Newton Prussian Blue
Winsor Newton Sepia
daniel Smith Quinacridone Burnt Orange
Winsor Newton Alizarin Crimson
Winsor Newton Winsor Green YS


I hope you enjoy it-- and I hope the client likes it too!


Two Kitties
watercolor
15" h w 2" w
2013

5 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

ACK!!! You make it look so easy. :)
I am sure your clients will love it. I did!

Sergio DS said...

Qué lindos gatos, me encantan.

Carol Carter said...

Thank you both!!!

SARABEL said...

A mi me ha encantado........CAROL....

me da mucha envidia lo bien que los haces.........un saludito

RH Carpenter said...

You had me as soon as I saw the blue and violet against that neon green-yellow! WOW! And gorgeous eyes on the kitty that's awake :)